Use by you of the website operated by Wooden Wine Box Company at www.woodenwinebox.co.uk is conditional upon your acceptance of these Terms & Conditions set out below, including our Privacy Statement. All references to “our,” “us,” “we” or “company” within this policy are deemed to refer to Wooden Wine Box Company. No other terms and conditions shall apply in respect of the purchase of such Wine unless expressly accepted in writing by Wooden Wine Box Company.
1. AVAILABILITY: All products are sold subject to availability. If for any reason we are unable to complete your order, we will notify you as soon as possible. Wooden Wine Box Company reserves the right to substitute wines of an equal or higher value
2. PRICES: The prices shown are per bottle inclusive of VAT unless otherwise stated and are perforce subject to currency and market changes and alterations in duty and VAT. Goods will be invoiced at the prices current at the date of delivery. All orders are subject to final confirmation and can only be cancelled before the products have been dispatched from Wooden Wine Box Company. The prices payable for the products that you order are clearly set out in the web site. Wooden Wine Box Company (www.woodenwinebox.co.uk) reserves the right to amend price and availability information without notice. If, by mistake, we have under-priced an item, we will not be liable to supply that item to you at the stated price, provided that we alert you before we ship the item concerned. The price of the items does not include the Delivery Charge which will be charged at the rates applicable at the date you place your order. There is NO minimum purchase. Our price list is in UK pounds Sterling. All prices include VAT at the current rate.
3. PAYMENT: Once you have placed an order with us, you will receive an order acknowledgement email setting out the products you have ordered. This acknowledgement email is not an acceptance of your order by Wooden Wine Box Company. Your order will have only been accepted and the contract between you and Wooden Wine Box Company will have been created once the products have been shipped to you All goods must be paid for in full before delivery will be made. You can pay for products purchased from The Secret Cellar by using any of the following cards: Visa, Mastercard, American Express, Visa Delta, Visa Electron, Maestro/Switch and Solo. If paying by cheque, please allow 5 working days for this to clear before delivery can be made. Cheques will only be accepted with a valid cheque guarantee card number written on the reverse, along with the expiry date and issue number
4. RISK AND PROPERTY: The property in all goods delivered by the seller shall remain the property of the seller until the seller has received in cash or cleared fund payment in full for such goods, but the risk in such goods shall pass to the buyer upon delivery. All products on this web site are offered subject to availability and remain the property of Wooden Wine Box Company until payment is received in full
5. CANCELLATION: You may cancel your order for any reason whatsoever within 7 working days of receipt of goods provided ALL OF THE BOTTLES ARE UNOPENED AND INTACT. A refund excluding return postage and packaging will be given within 30 days from the date you notify us of the cancellation. In order to cancel your order you must notify us in writing to the Manager, Wooden Wine Box Company, 43-45 Church Road, Tunbridge Wells, Kent TN1 1JT
6. VINTAGE AND AVAILABILITY: We will always try to ensure that wines are of the vintages quoted on our list, however if one vintage becomes exhausted, the next available vintage will replace it. If this policy is objectionable, please let us know and we will try to make alternative arrangements to suit you.
Please be reminded that some of the pictures of wine labels show previous vintages that are no longer available. The vintages given in the text descriptions of wines are checked and updated regularly. Please bring any discrepancies to our attention by email.
If a particular product that is ordered is out of stock, you will be advised as to when the goods are likely to be dispatched. An alternative product may be offered and we will confirm details before dispatching. Occasionally with mixed cases of wine, we will substitute one wine for another of similar quality. However, if you ever have cause to disagree with our selections on these rare occasions, please contact us [email link to us] so we can give you a credit for any of the bottles we have switched
7. DELIVERY: Wooden Wine Box Company uses a reliable courier service and offers a next working day delivery (Monday-Friday) service, if required. All next working day orders must be received by 2.30 pm so that we can process them for delivery for the following dayWhilst every effort is made to meet next day delivery requests, on occasions the couriers fail to meet this service, sometimes due to remote area deliveries or where addresses are unable to be found. Please note that orders cannot be left unless the carrier can obtain a signature or we have detailed instructions of where the consignment can be left (please use the "special delivery instructions" box). If unable to deliver, the carrier will leave a card with a phone number so another delivery day can be arranged
We cannot be held responsible for incorrect delivery information provided by customers. If an address or post code is wrong and we have to redirect the parcel to an alternative address, there is a £10 redirection charge applicable (this will be charged to your credit card). Please see our full list of delivery charges and conditions.
8 . BREAKAGES & SHORTAGES: If there are breakages w e will refund the cost of the broken bottles to your credit card or send replacement bottles. We will refund any item that is received broken. PLEASE BE CERTAIN TO CHECK THE NUMBER OF PARCELS YOU ARE SIGNING FOR - WE CANNOT REPLACE WINES THAT HAVE BEEN SIGNED FOR BUT NOT ACTUALLY RECEIVED. Each consignment of goods should be carefully checked upon delivery to make sure that it is intact and in full. Claims for breakages will only be accepted if we are notified within 24 hours of delivery and the damaged products and their packaging are kept for inspection. The courier must be informed of breakages or shortages at the time of delivery. We will not accept any claims for breakages or shortages unless they are stated on the courier’s documentation. Important Notice: Upon Delivery Although the courier should advise us if there are any breakages, it's still very important that you let us know as soon as possible of any stock damage once received so we can investigate with the delivery operator and source replacement wine for you. As you can appreciate to prevent fraudulent damage claims we need to be made aware of damage immediately, thus we must be notified via e-mail or phone within 24 hrs
9. RETURNS: When a wine is corked or faulty we will gladly offer a replacement or credit on the return to Wooden Wine Box Company of the bottle in question. Where a wine does not correspond to your own personal taste one of our knowledgeable wine advisers will offer an alternative to any returns.
For any further information please contact Customer Services at email@example.com or on +44 (0)1892 782823.
Wines can also be returned to us in person at our Tunbridge Wells store. Please call the number above to arrange a convenient time.
For those unable to come in to our shop, we are still happy to accept returns when agreed before hand though these will be subject to return carriage fees, which are the responsibility of the person sending back the wines.
We will provide a full refund of any products that are faulty. We may require faulty products to be returned to us. We will arrange this as necessary. This does not affect your statutory rights.
10. DATA PROTECTION ACT: To comply with the Data Protection Act 1984, we are required to inform you that we have recorded your name and address on our computer. This will not be given to third parties. Data protection law gives you the right to access information held about you and your right to access can be exercised in accordance with that legislation
11. LEGAL NOTICE FOR THE UK: It is illegal for anyone under the age of 18 years to purchase alcoholic beverages in the UK. Orders are not accepted from persons under the age of 18 years old. By placing an order you are making a representation that you are at least 18 years old. We can only deliver alcohol to persons over the age of 18 in UK and Europe. By placing an order you agree to these conditions. If the person receiving the order is unable to produce appropriate ID, regrettably our couriers will not be able to leave the products.
12. SPAM: Under the Privacy and Electronic Communications Act 2003, we do not send random marketing emails to personal email addresses (spam). We will only send email newsletters if you have specifically stated that you wish to be on our mailing list.
13. TRADING HOURS: Wooden Wine Box Company operates within standard off license laws and therefore we only process orders during the following hours:
Monday to Friday 9am - 5.00 pm
You can, of course, order outside these hours via the secure website. Any order received outside these times will be processed in the next time period. We will acknowledge your order via e-mail.
14. PRODUCT INFORMATION: We endeavour to advertise our products correctly. However we cannot guarantee the accuracy of information provided on our website about products, such as photographs, images, and descriptions of the products. Vintage years specified for wines and spirits may also be incorrect as we deplete the limited supply for any vintage year. We constantly update the website with the correct vintages, however, as and when stocks of older vintages are exhausted. Please contact us if you spot any clangers!
15. CUSTOMER SERVICES: If you have any order-related queries, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We aim to respond to all e-mails within 24 hours.
16. STATUTORY RIGHTS: These terms and conditions do not affect your statutory rights as a consumer. Wooden Wine Box Company, however, assumes no liability or responsibility for any typographical or other errors or omissions in the content of this site.
17. PRIVACY AND SECURITY : We respect your privacy. While you are browsing the website, and during the order process we collect information and personal data from you. We will only use this information to process your orders. All information you provide is strictly confidential. Please go our Privacy & Security Statement for more information.
18. DISCLAIMER: To the fullest extent permitted at law, Wooden Wine Box Company provides this web site and its contents on an "as is" basis and makes no (and expressly disowns all) representations or warranties of any kind, express or implied, with respect to this web site or the information, content, materials or products included in this site including, without limitation, warranties of merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose. Additionally, Wooden Wine Box Company does not represent or warrant that the information accessible via this web site is accurate, complete or current. Price and availability information is subject to change without notice. These Terms and Conditions are governed and construed in accordance with English law and we submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts to determine any disputes which may arise in connection with them.